A Christmas Carol has probably been filmed, staged and adapted more than just about any other literary work. As my ‘Dickens in December’ season carries on, I’d be very interested to hear which adaptations of this great tale are other people’s favourites – my own, out of those I’ve seen to date, is probably the Alastair Sim version, though I do also love the more recent Patrick Stewart film, which my family often watches at Christmas.
A note about spoilers
Please note my reviews may include spoilers without warning.
- RT @ginadalfonzo: Meet the Maid: An Interview with Theresa Derrington Cozens-Hardy dickensblog.typepad.com/dickensblog/20… 1 week ago
- My review of screwball comedy starring Mary Astor and Melvyn Douglas And So They Were Married (Elliott Nugent, 1936) wp.me/pjJvo-L4 1 week ago
- RT @JacqTLynch: Mary Astor's "A Life on Film" today at Another Old Movie Blog - anotheroldmovieblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/mary-a… 2 weeks ago
- My review of classic comedy The Thin Man (WS Van Dyke, 1934) wp.me/pjJvo-Ap via @wordpressdotcom 2 weeks ago
- Review of one of Cagney's great unknown movies dancinglady39.wordpress.com/2013/04/15/com… 1 month ago
You can email me at email@example.com